Monday, August 30, 2010

Was Ray Bradbury Irish?

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you."
--Ray Bradbury 

I just discovered this quote, and have to ask, "Was he Irish?"  The (brilliant!) person that pointed me toward Ray Bradbury as an author who authored on writing is the same person who responded to my angst over the exact clinical nature of my so-called mental health, saying "Yeah, and maybe you're just Irish."  

Well, I am.  I am an Ulsterwoman.  We are strong, independent carriers of the warrior gene, armed with modern-day weapons (such as words, in the case of this poor fool) and searching the hills of urban existence for battle.  Oh, woe unto the warrior poet who finds himself in the arms of an Ulsterwoman, for he will be possessed forever by her possession of his soul.  And woe to children of  Ulserwomen, for they will have expectations heaped upon them that they can never exceed except in their own mother's eyes.  

This Ulsterwoman has carried her word-weapons on her back since she found them next to her crib. They are now in her hands firmly and aimed true at the necks of those who pervert the truth.   

This mad Irishwoman is a Warrior for Truth.  My battlefield is reality.  It will not destroy me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment